- Multiple Strands interact electrically and mechanically, causing irritation and one-note bass boom.
- "Oxygen-Free" Copper is Oxygen-Reduced, but is not selected for low distortion.
- High-Inductance Geometry smears sound, reduces information.
- Semi-solid concentric packed conductors reduce harshness and confusion caused by strands changing position within the bundle.
- Long-Grain Copper means fewer impurities, less grain injunctions, lower distortion.
- Low-Inductance Geometry preserves time information, preserving dynamics and clarity.
In this Semi-Solid concentric packing cable, strands within the smaller, tighter concentric bundle do not change position, significantly reducing distortion.
- Conductor: Concentric Long-Grain Copper (LGC)
- Gauge: 13 AWG
- PVC Jacket Color available in Dark-Gray or Off-White
- 328 feet spool
Termination Directions: The 4 conductors of X4 can be easily separated and then stripped individually. Take care not to cut the conductors when stripping off ?" (12mm) of PVC jacket. Please follow the color code indicated by the 2 color stripes.
Attach the 2 color-striped conductors to a Black (-) AudioQuest CF connector (spade, BFA/Banana or UST/Banana). AQ CF connector packs include an Allen-key tool for tightening the 2 set-screws. Tighter is better. Attach the 2 un-striped conductors to a Red (+) connector.
If your speaker or amplifier has a screw-terminal or a binding post, you can insert the stripped ends of X4 directly. Then, screw down the connection. Tighter is better for preventing corrosion of the connection.CF Connectors Not Included -- Sold Separately.