- Pivoting tweeter assembly can be directed at listeners for front-channel music/theater use, or directed towards wall for reflective surround use
- Perfect for when wall-mounting is not a viable option
- 6 1/2" woofer, with 1" dome tweeter
- Optional back box
The ICTS-6.2 2-way ceiling mount speakers are the perfect high quality, multi-purpose solution for whole-house music installations and surround sound where stealth is a key requirement. Their long-throw woofers with massive magnet assemblies and 1" soft-dome tweeters provide outstanding sound coverage for every application. With a discrete profile combined with terrific sound, there are no excuses for not having great music and special effects wherever you want or need them.
The ICTS-6.2 woofers feature carbon loaded mica/poly cones, rubber surrounds, and high-temperature voice coils. The 1" soft dome tweeter is mounted in a clever pivoting wave guide that lets you direct the high frequencies in any direction desired for the best sonic effect. A front mounted high-frequency level control rounds out the feature set of these high-performance speakers. In addition, both models utilize advanced computer-optimized crossovers, goldplated heavy-duty connectors, and simple rotating clamp mounting for exceptional acoustic performance and easy installation.
Simply put, these innovative ceiling speakers make it possible to have spectacular sound in almost any room in your home, and they are ideal for delivering superior surround sound effects if your room layout or aesthetic considerations preclude mounting conventional surround speakers on the walls.
- Home Theater - The ICTS 6.2 make ideal ceiling mounted front-channel speakers in a high-performance home theater system where near total invisibility is a primary requirement. Their pivoting tweeters mean you can "aim" the high frequencies toward the listening area, for superb sound without any visual compromise.
- Home Theater Surround - When used as surround speakers, the tweeter is best pivoted away from the listening area, towards the rear or side walls. When installed in this manner, the speakers deliver a more diffuse upper midrange and high frequency sound that helps to create a convincing, three-dimensional surround sound that draws you into the action.
- Stereo Distributed Audio - The speakers are perfect for delivering full 2-channel stereo sound in any room, giving you great sound quality without any visible speakers. This is ideal for small spaces like a den or guest room where installing two separate boxed speakers is impractical.
- Acoustic Tuning Control - This 3-position high-frequency energy switch (-/+ 2db) allows the speakers' high-frequency balance to be tailored for reflective, normal, and absorptive acoustic environments. This means the speakers will always sound "right," whether the room has hardwood floors and glass sliding doors, or thick cut-pile carpeting and overstuffed furniture.