The Atlantic Technology ICTS-8.3s TriMode™ ceiling mount speaker is the perfect high quality, multi-purpose solutions for any surround-sound or whole-house music installations where stealth is a key requirement. Its unique dual voice coil woofers and dual 1" soft-dome tweeters allows it to be configured for mono, stereo, or TriVector™ Surround (partial dipole) operation, providing the best coverage for every application.
- Can be used three ways-as dipole surround speaker, as 'regular' high-power dual-tweeter speaker, and as single-point stereo speaker
- Perfect for when wall-mounting is not a viable option
- 8" woofer, with dome tweeters
- Optional back box
Tri-Mode Operating Modes:
- Mono - For broader coverage in mono or stereo applications, the dual voice coil woofer and dual tweeters will cover a much wider area than conventional in-ceiling speakers.
- Stereo - The speakers can be wired to deliver full stereo sound from a single loudspeaker, giving you great sound quality with only one unobtrusive round ceiling grille showing. This application is perfect for distributed audio in tight spaces like powder rooms and hallways.
- TriVector - Wired in this manner the speaker delivers a diffuse upper midrange and high frequency sound that helps to create involving surround sound that draws you into the action. Perfectly suited for today's open floor plan homes where a traditional side surround speaker cannot be accommodated.