The ultimate 4K experience for the DIY home theater.
The Epson® Home Cinema 5050UBe 4K PRO-UHD1 projector delivers an amazing 4K home theater experience for the DIY enthusiast. Capable of displaying an astonishing 2,600 lumens for both color and white brightness3 – along with proprietary processors for resolution enhancement, color and image processing – the Home Cinema 5050UBe produces incredible brightness, color accuracy and image detail to faithfully display all your favorite content the way it was meant to be seen. If you’re looking for an amazing 4K projection experience to power your new home theater build – this could be it.
Now that's Projection Perfected.
- 4K PRO-UHD1 Projection Technology: A new type of 4K home theater experience utilizing advanced processing for resolution enhancement, color and image processing -- resulting in an exceptional 4K home theater experience
- True 3-chip projector design: Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for an outstanding color gamut while maintaining excellent brightness, without any "rainbowing" or "color brightness" issues some may see with other projector technologies
Pixel-Shift Processor: Advanced pixel-shifting processor precisely controls three high-definition LCD chips to parallel process millions of pixels of information. This new type of resolution enhancement technology1 results in an exceptionally sharp 4K visual experience
- Full 10-bit HDR3: Full 10-bit HDR3 color processing accepting 100% of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content for an exceptional visual performance
- Real-time, digital video processing: Real-time, 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions; helps eliminate banding, blocking and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance. This powerful processor faithfully reproduces the source material the way it was intended to be shown
- Outstanding brightness: Capable of displaying 4K content at an incredible 2,600 lumens for both color and white brightness2. This not only provides for a wider performance envelope but allows for an exceptional HDR performance
- Epson UltraBlack™ Technology: Epson created a Proprietary Compensation Filter that controls the polarization of light itself. This allows Epson to suppress any stray light within the signal, producing an outstanding Dynamic Contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1.
- Precision HDR Adjustment: Realtime HDR curve adjustment allowing for 16-steps of control to fine-tune the HDR performance – regardless of the content being displayed.
- Extreme Color Gamut: One of the first commercially available home theater projectors capable of displaying the full three-dimensional DCI-P34 color space. This extreme color performance is 50% wider than typical 1-Chip Rec. 709 projectors and allows for a truly professional-level of color accuracy.
- Epson Precision Lens Technology: Designed for zero-light-leakage, all Epson Precision Lenses utilize a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
What's in the Box:
- Home Cinema 5050UBe projector
- Power cord
- Two HDMI cable clamps
- Remote control with (2) AA batteries
- Quick Setup Guide
Epson 3LCD, 3-chip optical engine
Front / Rear / Ceiling mount
Poly-silicon TFT Active Matrix, 0.74"-wide panel
Color Brightness - Color Light Output:
White Brightness - White Light Output:
- 16:9 widescreen (4:3 resize,16:10 resize)
- Compatible with 4:3 with Normal, Full or Zoom Modes
(1920 x 1080 x 2)
4096 x 2160
3840 x 2160, Full HD 1080p/i, HD 720p, 576p/i, 480p/i
250 W UHE
Up to 5,000 hours (ECO Mode); up to 4,000 hours (Medium Mode); up to 3,500 hours (High Mode)7
Size - projected distance:
50" – 300" (Zoom: Wide and Zoom: Tele)
Vertical: ±30 degrees (Manual)
Up to 1,000,000:1, Auto Iris on
Full 10-bit (partial 12-bit)
Full-color (up to 1.07 billion colors)
41 ° to 95 °F (5 ° to 35 °C)
Kensington Security Lock Port
Projection Lens Type:
Powered focus/optical zoom/lens position
Projection Lens F-number:
2.0 – 3.0
Projection Lens Focal Length:
22.5 mm – 46.7 mm
Projection Lens Zoom Ratio:
1.0 – 2.1
Projection Lens Throw Ratio Range:
1.35 – 2.84
Projection Lens Shift:
Vertical: ±96.3(H center, powered)
Horizontal: ±47.1(V center, powered)
Projection Lens Cover:
Powered, Slide Lens Shutter
4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel diagonally to double Full HD resolution. Resolution is full HD in 3D Mode.2
Color Brightness measured per IDMS 15.4. Additional colors and picture modes tested. Top-selling Epson® 3LCD projectors vs. comparable top selling 1-chip DLP projectors based upon NPD sales data for May 2017 – April 2018.3
HDR performance available with select devices. For more information, see www.epson.com/hdrcompatibility4
Entire DCI-P3 color space can be displayed in Digital Cinema Mode only.7
Lamp life will vary depending upon mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.