BTX motorized drape systems set high quality standard for the most demanding applications including home theater curtains and stage drapes. The Tumo line of automated drapery systems by BTX Intelligent Fashion provides a perfect balance of power and control.
With built in control options, the Tumo program easily gives access to local control with handsenders or wireless switches, or lets you connect with your favorite automation system via contact closure. Tumo systems also feature manual hand operation as an override, to help safeguard unknowing users, generally in high-traffic areas. The Tumo drape kit works on DC motors that either plug and play in a standard wall outlet with a 10 foot cord. If your project goes beyond the listed specifications, give us a call so our product expert can go over our specialty system options.
|BTX Tumo Excel DemoTake home theater to the next level by motorizing your theater drapes with the BTX Tumo Excel. HTmarket.com recommends BTX tracks as they can handle heavy velour theatre drapes versus the cheaper imported tracks that we tested. We tested a popular imported model and found the motor to weak to move the drapes we sell.|| ||BTX Tumo Excel Install over Stewart Filmscreen|
Installing custom BTX motorized rods could not be easier. Our video shows a 1-hour installation sped up to about 3 minutes. It's a very easy process with very few parts. A competent do it yourselfer could handle the job easily. There is no fancy wiring needed by expensive electricians.
The Tumo system at its core uses the 5050 track configuration. The motorized drapery track system is standard with white hardware, a Tumo HD motor with built-in radio, contact closure, and a pulling capacity of up to 120lbs. You can upgrade to tandem heavy duty motors that can handle 240lbs of drapes. HTmarket.com quick ship and luxury curtains can be heavy. Please consult our product experts for the weight of the drapes you might purchase as this product is a custom ordered item.
- Built in receiver for RF, switch and/or network control
- Disconnect to allow manual control in case of power outages
- RF remote controls up to 6 channels
- Dry contact closure
- Quick installation no need for an electrician
- Track can be custom curved (look in accessories section to add option)
- Standard color is white however we offer custom colors available at $10 per foot including
Dark Bronze, Caramel, or Custom Powder Coating (call for quote)
- Motor hangs below the track
- Motor speed is 12 in. per second
- Track configurations include one-way, split draw, offset split, or multi-stack
- Smart Touch disengagement feature for manual operation
- Current sensing limits for automatic stops
- You press a button the remote to stop the drapes at different intervals. For example, you could use the Tumo system as a masking system to mask a projector screen from 2:35 to 1 to 16 x 9. This would serve as an elegant masking system.
- Pinch Pleat carrier spacing is 3 in. standard. RippleFold and AccordiaFold carriers are available
- RippleFold carriers are available in 60%, 80%, 100%, and 120% fullness. REqual or Kirsch snape tape.
- Track is spliced after 16 ft. unless otherwise requested (all curved tracks are evaluated for splicing)
- Minimum curve radius is 16 in.
- Bracket spacing is 20 in. standard with 10 in. spacing at the stack end
The BTX Tumo motorized drape kit is a completely customized system for your needs. You should keep in mind when ordering the following. You can make the rod to fit your situation. i.e. you have a 136 inch curtain you can order a 136 inch motorized rod. In this case you would choose size 133 - 144 and enter in 136 inches in the width field. The next drop down shows control options. If you are ordering 1 rod you would choose a control option either a remote which is wall mountable or wall switch or both. Most people only need the remote. You would choose no control option if you ordered multiple rods and you only wanted to use 1 remote control. Contact us if you have a large installation and we can recommend the motor. You would then choose either split draw or one way draw option. We do program and test everything before shipping so let us know how you would like the systems programmed. If you want a custom splice location, please let us know as well. If you need a curved track, we require a track layout diagram with running lengths and radius measurements (look in accessories section to add option). Full templates are preferred for precision fabrication. The last choice is the wall mount or ceiling mount. The ceiling mount is flush mount to ceiling and the wall mount comes with adjustable 4 to 6 inch wall brackets which should work for most situations.
BTX Tumo Xcel Installation Instructions PDF
|BTX Tumo Excel Unboxing the SystemHTmarket unboxes the Tumo Excel drape kit. You can learn what's in the box and how it's packed. We also talk about how it ships. As you will see it's a complete system. As we unpack we show the track, remote, motor, power supply and brackets to install the track. |